In response to recent occurrences in our industry, the Academy has taken the decision to fill a clear void in the Wedding & Portrait sector for true professionals, ‘who wish to advance their photographic knowledge and accreditation without politics or agenda, simply in pursuit of excellence. It is intended to establish ourselves as the lead body in this sector and together, in partnership with it’s members, to promote all that is good, ethical and professional.
The Academy will be governed by a ‘Council’ to be known as the “College of Fellows” comprising of Kevin Wilson & Martin Grahame-Dunn and a number other distinguished Fellows in the UK Photographic Industry, whose sole aim is to maintain standards in every aspect. Membership will be open Worldwide to encompass the very best of the best and cooperate with like minded groups in other countries to share knowledge and expertise.
Our Membership Services:-
- A Monthly PDF Newsletter showcasing the best in the world-wide industry
- Discounts on Products & Services
- A “Pay as you go” Mentoring System
- Regular affordable training days
- Downloadable training resources – PDF’s, short movies, hints and tips
- Critiques and ‘Album of the Month’
- Webinars in cooperation with the SF Photoschool
- Diary of an Aspiring Master – on a monthly basis - 1 Wedding & 1 Portrait Photographer
Our Distinctions Structure:-
- A Distinction for Life
- One Level only – Master of Photography
- NO ‘Free’, ‘Reciprocal’ or ‘Gifted’ Master’s Distinctions – We all start from the beginning with NO exceptions!
- Three Judging’s every year – 4 Prints to a “Case”
- Print only and NOT digital submissions in pursuit of excellence, in the Art and Craft of Photography
- Achieved by acquisition of Merits – Image Merits & Service Merits
- 25 Merits for a Masters Award with a minimum of 13 Print Merits
- General Collection “MERITS”
- Gallery Collection “MERITS”
- An Annual Book of Images – General & Gallery Collections
- Fellow of the Academy – Given for services to the Photographic Industry Worldwide with an expectation of further contribution
- Links to other Competitions and Awards – HIPA, PWS & CBRE Urban Photographer of the Year
This is simply the beginning, and from this point we will continue to develop many other resources in conjunction with other excellent providers of goods and services to the benefit of all.